On Being a Corrector
someone correct me if i’m wrong,
but i believe fruititarians eat everything that is biologically a fruit.
Sensitivity Hypothesis! Correct me if I’m wrong.
Y’all Been Warned, about them Killa Bees on the swarm Y’all Been Warned,
You either step or get stepped upon Correct me if I’m wrong but fake thugs
correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you the same person who blew my
mind with philosophical genius
luminary’. Does flashing your bum equate to being ‘a personage in
the field of philosophy’, again please correct me if i’m wrong.
Correct me if I’m wrong, don’t flame me
I’m presuming you’re a man? Do correct me if
I’m wrong. Not that it matters much in this case
Laughs* As if! My mini skirts are way above mid-thigh. I mean, what the heck is
that all about?!? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s school, not prison…
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m
wrong _________________ “So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish”.
Nick has some helpful words on narcissism for me today.
My how I like the Jonathon Wilcke poems on Ron’s site. For reasons that should be obvious.
Keep Your Sunny Side Up, Up!
Hey, I’m supposed to die on my birthday: Friday, January 14, 2022. That’s if I’m pessimistic.
Thanks, Behrle, for the deathclock link.
If I’m “normal” instead of “pessimistic”: Saturday, March 28, 2043. That’s more like it!
Why It’s Immaterial Whether You or I or Anyone Else Might be a Narcissist
Another Chihuahua Story
Just back from a shopping trip to Church Avenue. On my way I saw a woman standing in front of a shop holding a tiny white puppy that looked hardly old enough to be away from its mother. “Oh, so cute!,” I said, “Is it a chihuahua?” “Yes,” the woman said, pouring water from a bottle over the puppy, whose whole body fit in one of her hands. “How old is it?” “It doesn’t matter anyway, because it’s dead,” she snapped, continuing to douse it with water.
One quality of a narcissist that I do not believe I have is this one:
Evokes fear in others: the web of mystery that the narcissist spins around himself makes others leary of him
“Evokes fear in others”… jeez
Of the 25 behaviors listed there that I believe I do not display, I very EMPHATICALLY believe I do not display.
Again, I could be wrong.
Big ol’ list of the qualities of a narcissist here.
From that list, I believe that 2 of 2 moods, 8 out of 33 behaviors and 1 out of 4 defense mechanisms. Does that make me a card-carrying narcissist?
1. Chronic (long term) negative effects: anxious, fearful, tense, irritable, angry
2. Rapidly shifting moods: a narcissist’s mood changes daily
1. Overly concerned about health
2. Excessive talking: leads to inappropriate self-disclosure as well as exposure about anything he knows or preceives about others
3. Overly dramatic presentation of emotion: could well be known as the “drama” queen or king (negative emotions), exaggerates the importance of his experiences
4. Jealous and envious: ridicules the achievements of others
5. A sense of time urgency: is impatient
6. Socially rebellious and does not conform to societal expectations:
7. Attention seeking: wants to be the center of attention and will do anything to achieve this (may dress in a different or absurd way or behave ridiculously)
8. Loves his reflection: expect to see a lot of mirrors hanging in the narcissist’s house
1. Devaluation: negates anyone who inflicts a narcissistic injury
OK, so introspection is one thing, all very well and good.
But public introspection? What’s that [this] about?
More narcissistic supply?