The Wassaic Project Summer Festival Presents: “Segue Goes Country: Innovative Poets from the Tri-State Region” August 15, 2009, 3-5pm, @ Luther’s Livestock Auction Barn
Poetry by Bob Holman, Geoff Young, Stacy Syzmaszek, Gary Sullivan, Michael Gottlieb, & Nada Gordon presented by The Segue Foundation, publisher of Roof Books:
· Nada Gordon’s most recent poetry is Folly from Roof Books. Publishers Weekly dubbed her an “outrageously ludic punk priestess. She blogs avidly at http://ululate.blogspot.com
· Bob Holman’s most recent book is A Couple of Ways of Doing Something, a collaboration with Chuck Close; The Awesome Whatever is his new CD. He is the founder of the Bowery Poetry Club.
· Michael Gottlieb, the author of 14 books, lives in Lakeville, CT. Gottlieb’s latest, Memoir and Essay, was by hailed by Kasey Mohammed as “an immensely valuable document in the annals of Language writing and contemporary literary autobiography.”
· Poet and cartoonist Gary Sullivan is the author of PPL in a Depot, a Googled book of flarf plays, and the comic book series Elsewhere. He maintains a blog at http://garysullivan.blogspot.com.
· Stacy Szymaszek is the author of Emptied of All Ships and Hyperglossia from Litmus Press. She is the Director of the Poetry Project at St. Mark’s Church. A section of a new long poem “Hart Island” is forthcoming in limited edition from Albion Books.
· Geoff Young’s press, The Figures, published over 125 books of poetry, fiction, and art writing. His own recent books include Cerulean Embankments and Fickle Sonnets. His contemporary art gallery in Great Barrington has presented more than 60 shows.
Where: Luther’s Livestock Auction
35 Furnace Bank Rd, Wassaic NY 12592
Luther’s Livestock Auction walking distance of the Metro North Wassaic station.
By car coming North on 22, turn right on Furnace Brook Rd. and follow the crowd
More information: http://mta.info/index.html